Finding a good electrician, especially for larger scale commercial (or industrial) projects can be daunting. You want the job done on time and on budget. Nothing worse than escalating budgets or timelines... right?!
Here are some of our featured tips and projects to help showcase our team's work.
Commercial projects, like this example of a yoga studio in Tracy, California, is a great example of turning an old building and converting it into something quite spectacular looking.
Our construction partner on this one was D. M. Alegre Construction. This was a great partner because Alegre has built projects in San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Alameda and Contra Costa counties so they serve regions that we serve. Additionally, Dennis Alegre, the President of D.M. Alegre Construction, Inc. is familiar with the workings of the city Planning and Developmental Departments so he knows the City of Tracy and is a Board Member on the City of Tracy Building Board of Appeals and was a City of Tracy Planning Commissioner for ten years. Having a partner that really knows a region is important to us.
Other essential projects in the commercial space wrap around the restaurant/bar scene. Hospitality is an always-evolving industry with locations opening and closing constantly, so it's essential to have a strong electrical firm to partner with so that the work is done right the first time, no matter who the space belongs to.
This is The Press Restaurant in Tracy, California. Also an old building turned new project partnering with Alegre Construction on this as well.
Some tips for choosing a commercial electrician crew to help you on your project:
- Ensure that they have the KNOW-HOW. This is essential so ALWAYS make sure you ask for a portfolio of work. Look at the types, the locations- EVERYTHING.
- They must have all the proper licenses and make sure that they're insured. The last thing you want is to hire someone that's going to get you into trouble or cause any issues down the line.
- Today, it's really important to make sure someone has a digital footprint. It's 2020 so it's time and that's a way to SEE how a company operates and that they're investing in themselves. It's a way for you to know the people that will ultimately be held responsible even in an online world.
- Make sure that you TRUST them as that's 100% the most important aspect.
- References. Ask a couple of people that were clients. Ask them the following kinds of questions:
- How did they work?
- Was it on time, on budget?
- How was the crew (if you're hiring an electrical contracting firm then find out how the COLLECTIVE team worked together)?
- Were they friendly?
- Easy to work with?
Don't leave any stone unturned because you're going to invest and you need to know that your investment is going towards something that will be done RIGHT and ON TIME.
When you do your due diligence that makes everything go more smoothly.
NEED TO SPEAK WITH US ABOUT A POTENTIAL ELECTRICAL COMMERCIAL OR INDUSTRIAL PROJECT? CONTACT US HERE!